I really thought about not updating tonight....I just didn't want to talk about it. But, I know that there are some of you that read each night (or at least the next day) so I thought I would for you. Today was not good for Daniel in regards to weight. We get weighed 1st thing on Monday's and Daniel has lost 1 pound over the weekend. At this point, I don't have the time nor the strength to go into all the reasons why this could have happened. The BIG problem will be if it is from not absorbing the nutrients/calories. However, we aren't going to know that right this minute. We will need to have some tests done to see and that won't happen until we come home. It could be several different reasons too. It may be that he is having a problem with carbohydrates. Kids with Short Gut do not do well with carbohydrates. It's hard to eat by mouth when you have to limit your intake to meats and vegetables. Everything is so darn bland and Daniel needs that "sweet" taste to like his food. But, there are other things that turn into sugars too and maybe we are adding too many of these items to his food. We don't know!!!!! Right now, we are continuing with what we are doing and Daniel will be weighed on Wednesday and on Friday. We are limiting the amount of carbs he is getting and we will try to feed him enough to be off the pump on Saturday and Sunday and see if he continues to lose weight again. If he does, we are most likely in trouble and may not be able to keep him completly off the tube. It's never easy with all this and just when you think you have taken a step forward, we go back 2 steps. Oh well, now do you see why I hesitated to even post tonight?
Off to bed, will update tomorrow.
-Angela-
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(60)
-
▼
March
(26)
- Day Forty Nine
- Day Forty Eight
- Day Forty Six and Forty Seven
- Day Forty Five
- Day Forty Four
- Day Forty Three
- Day Forty Two
- Day Forty One
- Day Thirty Nine and Day Forty
- Day Thirty Eight
- Day Thirty Seven
- Day Thirty Six
- Day Thirty Five
- Day Thirty Four
- Days Thirty One, Thirty Two & Thirty Three
- Day Thirty
- Day Twenty Nine
- Day Twenty Eight
- Day Twenty Seven
- Day Twenty Five & Six
- Day Twenty Four
- Day Twenty Three
- Day Twenty Two
- Day Twenty One
- Day Twenty
- Day Nineteen
-
▼
March
(26)
ang hang in there you guys are doing great,hopefully everything gets better but cant say that for sure,hope you both get everything out of this you need too.but it might take a little longer than you thought once u get home
ReplyDeletewell gotta a go hope all works out
love you both lots love kenny&katy
psss.we miss u both<3
ANGELA I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS. HANG IN THERE MAYBE IT WILL ALL TURN AROUND.WISH I WAS THERE TO GIVE YOU A BIG HUG.DANIEL IS SUCH A SWEET LITTLE KID AND YOU AND HIM BOTH DESERVE A BREAK.....IF YOU EVER DONT FEEL LIKE POSTING JUST SIGN IN AND SAY I'M TIRED BE BACK TOMORROW. WE WILL ALL UNDERSTAND.WELL I BETTER GO WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOUR SIS,SHERYL
PS. CHELS AND HUNTER WANTED TO TELL YOU AND DANIEL HI.