Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Forty Four

Another good day! Daniel is doing really well in clinic and at home. His volume in clinic today was 22.7 and his volume for our meal at home was 9.3 for a total volume of 32 oz today. He is still working on taking bigger drinks of his juice/formula and any other little things that the therapists think we need to work on to make the transition home. I have asked them to introduce the toothbrush to him next week and work with it for the next 2 weeks we have here. As most of you know, there was no getting into his mouth before we came here. He now lets me put my fingers into his mouth to do his excercises but we haven't worked on putting anything other than our fingers and a spoon in there. I would love for him to let us put a toothbrush in there to brush his teeth. We need to be able to do this.

Also, I have decided not to introduce the soy milk while we are here in Richmond. There is just too much of a chance that his body may not accept it and we would take a huge step backward. I don't want to have to stay here any longer than 4/10 so we will wait to introduce it to him when we get home. I think this is the best decision.

Finally, I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to my friend, Tammy. The gift you sent for Daniel and me could not have come at a better time! You are such a good friend to think of us and to keep up with all that is going on with Daniel. Thank you, again!

Off to bed so I'll update tomorrow.

-Angela-

No comments:

Post a Comment