Saturday and Sunday were good days for Daniel. I was able to get 50.1 oz into him yesterday and 51.7 oz into him today. So.....HE DID NOT USE THE FEEDING PUMP/TUBE AT ALL THIS WEEKEND!!! He did great! I'm not thrilled with the fact that I feel like I am stuffing him with food but he doesn't complain and so far I haven't seen any ill effects from feeding him 5 meals per day about 2 hours apart. It is going to be hard because this schedule is so demanding and we won't know until we come home if it is working or not because we can't do it every day here in Richmond. As I have said, many times before, the meals are too close together in clinic so there is no way we are going to know absolutely for sure that he is going to do well and is absorbing all the nutrients/calories until we get home and do this every day. It will most likely take us at least a month of him eating all by mouth and us weighing him every single day at the same time to see if he is gaining weight or not. I have lots of work to do when I get home!!! Anyone want to move in with me and become an expert at pureeing food for Daniel????
Well, off to bed as tomorrow is back to the clinic. Will update then.
-Angela-
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(60)
-
▼
March
(26)
- Day Forty Nine
- Day Forty Eight
- Day Forty Six and Forty Seven
- Day Forty Five
- Day Forty Four
- Day Forty Three
- Day Forty Two
- Day Forty One
- Day Thirty Nine and Day Forty
- Day Thirty Eight
- Day Thirty Seven
- Day Thirty Six
- Day Thirty Five
- Day Thirty Four
- Days Thirty One, Thirty Two & Thirty Three
- Day Thirty
- Day Twenty Nine
- Day Twenty Eight
- Day Twenty Seven
- Day Twenty Five & Six
- Day Twenty Four
- Day Twenty Three
- Day Twenty Two
- Day Twenty One
- Day Twenty
- Day Nineteen
-
▼
March
(26)
ANGELA I'M GLAD ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.WE ARE ALL FIGHTING THAT COLD THAT IS GOING AROUND. IT STINKS.I KNOW DANIEL HAD IT SO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN... OTHER THAN THAT WERE JUST HANING OUT.NOT MUCH TO TELL SINCE WE'VE JUST BEEN LAZING AROUND.WE CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU GET HOME AND WE CAN SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOUR SIS,SHERYL