Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day Four

Today was mostly the same as yesterday. The only difference is that Daniel is taking the whole spoon in his mouth but is humping up the back of his tongue which cuts of the back of the throat and causes him to gag. To remedy this, they put the whole spoon in his mouth and then press down on the tongue and hold it for a count of 3. At the 1st session he gagged almost every time they put the spoon in his mouth. By the time they got to the 4th feeding, he only gagged once. They also did his facial excercises and he is doing wonderful with those. Tomorrow his therapist will decide whether he is ready to have food on the spoon. I am excited and hope that he can but I won't be disappointed if she doesn't feel he is ready because I can see the progress he has made the last 4 days. It is unbelievable that they can put their fingers (gloved, of course) in his mouth all the way to the back of his mouth to feel his molars. Just 4 days ago they couldn't get their fingers past the front 2 teeth. He just lets them do what they want which makes me very proud of him. He is so excited when they tell him how good he is doing!

I hear that you all in Ohio got bad winds last night and that there are lots of trees and damage. I hope you all are okay. We had about 40 mph winds here today and they call it "Red Flag". The weather forcaster said "we are going to have a red flag day" and I thought, what the crap is that. Well that's what they call high winds! The weather here is nice and warm but is supposed to cool down this weekend with rain (yuck)!

Abi is doing great. She is eating G&G Heyne out of house and home. Grandpa says he's going to have to make 2 trips to the grocery per week at the rate she eats. I just hope they aren't keeping a tab for her room service because I don't think I can afford it. My mom came to visit her yesterday and Abi had her tape a video and send to me via my cell phone. Abi told us in the video how much she misses us and how much she loves me and Daniel. Talk about getting teary eyed! It was wonderful!

Well, gotta get going and get my paperwork done for tomorrow - almost 1 week under our belts.

-Angela-

No comments:

Post a Comment