Friday, February 20, 2009

Day Ten

Off to the doctors first thing this morning to sit and wait for 2 hours to be seen...ugh! The doc looked at Daniel's ear and said he definitely needed a 3rd shot of antibiotic. The ear drum swelling is down and the infection is looking better but the ear is still red. The doc said if we didn't get the shot we would most likely be back next week to start treatment all over again. The first doc we saw on Tuesday said we should get the shot every other day so we got one Tuesday and one on Thursday. This doc saw no reason for us to wait until tomorrow to get the 3rd shot so we got it today. This should help Daniel be over all the side effects by Monday so we can return to the feeding clinic. Daniel's side effects from the shot yesterday were not nearly as bad as from the 1st shot so I am hoping that he won't get as bad this weekend as he was earlier in the week. He is doing good and I think is a little bored in this 2 room hotel suite. I don't know how many times we have taken a ride on the elevator and walked around the halls of this hotel but people probably think we are crazy!

I talked to Abi earlier and she is doing fine. Grandma's friend Marilyn came to visit today and they were playing play-doh when I called. To tell you the truth, I would have loved to been home watching Marilyn play play-doh with Abi, it must have been a sight, lol!

Thanks to everyone sending e-mails with words of encouragement for me and Daniel. This week has been truly a long week and I'm hoping to get right back in the saddle on Monday and start working on getting that full spoon in Daniel's mouth. For those of you that don't feel comfortable leaving a comment on the blog, you can send me an e-mail at mommytoabi@hotmail.com. I check my messages every night.

Take care and I'll update tomorrow on how the little man is doing.

-Angela-

No comments:

Post a Comment