Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day Three

Today was about the same as yesterday. More facial excercises and "dry" spoon feeding. Daniel did better and better each time. He is still gagging some when they place the spoon clear into his mouth so we may have to do the same thing tomorrow. He may not get "real" food on the spoon until Friday. They will see how he does tomorrow and decide if he is ready tomorrow or not until Friday.

Let me tell you that it is frustrating with a capital "F" to watch them not feed him real food. I told the therapist today that it is very hard for me to watch them work with him but not give him food. It took me so long to get him eating that I have a hard time with not being able to put food on the spoon. She completely understands where I am coming from and she understands that I see this as going backwards instead of forward. However, she explained that sometimes it takes kids 3 weeks or more before they are ready for food and Daniel will most likely be ready by the end of the week. She said that he is so far advanced in his skills than most of the kids that come and he is doing great. It's hard for me to see that because I worked so hard with him. I also have a hard time not being involved and just watching. I want to work with him! They don't want me doing anything with him until at least this weekend because they want to get him as far as possible before they show me what to do over the weekend. It kills me not to be working with him at night! Although, she told me I should just enjoy this break of working with him because there is a lot of things I'm going to have to do later. I guess she's right, it's just hard!

Well, I'm off to get Daniel ready for bed and spend a little down time to clear my mind.

Hoping you all are doing fine!

-Angela-

1 comment:

  1. ALL GOING OK HERE JUST ALOT OF WIND.GLAD EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL. HOPE THINGS GET EASIER FOR YOU AND DANNY.WE THINK OF YO GUYS AND READ EVERY NIGHT.LOVE U BOTH LOTS



    KENNY&KATY

    ReplyDelete