Another great day! Daniel is getting better and better with his tongue control and with the combination of eating and drinking. Now for the news - he ate/drank 19.1 oz total today. So he went from 7.9 to 13.5 to 19.1!!!! The therapists were a little worried that he was taking in so much and asked me if I wanted them to slow down. It was my decision. I thought about it and decided that we need to go for it. I told them we are never going to know if his little body will handle it if we don't try. We will continue to let him eat/drink what he wants until we see that there is a problem. He had no poopy effects or vomiting from today's feedings so we will just continue to see what he can handle. Based on what he is taking by mouth, we have been able to cut his tube feeding from 12 hours to 8 hours! Daniel is also starting to come out of his shell. He has made friends with his therapists and there is a nurse there that he absolutely loves. He thinks she is a hoot. He is a non-stop tornado in the play room. I told them that he better start eating a lot because he's burning off all the calories they put into him! He just seems to have so much energy and it's so great to see him like this.
Also, I talked with Abi tonight. She had a friend come over to visit and she told me they did crafts, played play-doh and had a fun time! I love when she tells me all about her day. She even told her friend that G&G Heyne have an extra bed so she could spend the night if she wanted to. I'm sure Grandma loves that Abi just invites people to spend the night, lol.
Finally, while I was on the phone with Abi she asked to talk with Daniel. You all know that Daniel doesn't talk but I put the phone to his ear. I heard her tell him "I miss you so much Daniel" and "I love you Daniel". He had a huge smile on his face the whole time! Talk about melting my heart. I can't wait to get home and give her a big hug. I'm so proud of the way she is handling this long, long separation from Mommy and Daniel.
Well, I'm off to bed. Will update tomorrow. Take Care!
-Angela-
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just catching up on Daniel's progress. Having been there it blows my mind at how well he is doing. I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the milk fiasco but glad you blew up at them to get it right. I'm sure they got the message!
Hang in there. I know how tough things can be on the momma. You're doing a wonderful thing for your son.
Take care.
Michele Fertig