Another day of no feeding clinic. Daniel had a really bad night last night. The adverse side effects from the antibiotic shot were bad to say the least. He was miserable and at one point I was pretty sure we were headed to the ER here in Richmond. I was able to keep the fluids going and in between the crying and wimpering (from Daniel, not me, lol), I was able to get him to drink a liter of pedialyte. This did the trick and he finally fell asleep at 3:30am only to wake up at 8:00am (not enough sleep for mommy). I took him to the doctor today and he got his 2nd shot of antibiotic so I'm not sure what we are in for tomorrow. I'm hoping that the side effects won't be as bad but we'll have to wait and see. Probably will not be at the feeding clinic tomorrow either as I have to take Daniel back to the doctor in the morning and have them look at his ear to see if he needs a 3rd shot or not. I called his gastro doc in Cincinnati last night and he would prefer that Daniel not get a 3rd shot if it is not absolutely necessary due to the chance of getting really dehydrated. I'm hoping that he won't need the shot and we have a nice long weekend to spend getting better and then resume our feeding therapy on Monday. Daniel is looking better so please cross your fingers for us that he effects of the 2nd shot are not as bad tomorrow.
I spoke with Abi a few minutes ago and she is doing great. Grandpa Heyne made a trip to the store to see what Valentine candy was on sale and bought her a heart full of candy. What little girl doesn't want a heart full of candy from Grandpa. She was absolutely cute! She told me it was the best candy he had ever gotten. I hope he bought more than one box and put some away for later!
I have received a couple of e-mails asking if we can receive mail and care packages here at the hotel. I checked with the front desk and we can. The address here is: Homewood Suites, Angela Heyne, 4100 Innslake Drive, Glen Allen, VA 23060. We will be here until around the 1st or 2nd week in April the way it stands now.
I hope you all are doing well. I know from talking to my parents, Abi, Eric and his parents that it is cold at home. Stay bundled up and warm. It is not really warm here either but at least it's warmer than back home! Take care and continue to keep Daniel in your thoughts.
-Angela-
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
me and katy are thinking about both of you. hope eveything goes well.we love and miss you both!
ReplyDeletelove u kenny & katy <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Daniel and Mommy.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you everyday and
hope you are both progressing
and doing well.
If this goes thru will write more later.
Love, Aunt Jo and Butch